Use What You Have At Home
Quick fixes to host on a last-minute notice
Like DIY, but better
The day comes when you’re not prepped and ready. You were not planning to throw a party at home, and suddenly the friends (or out-of-town relatives) are stopping by. You’re in a pinch, but you still want your home to look inviting, and dare we say chic? No stress. We have you set for what to use to decorate with what you have at home. Shoot, don’t let us hold you back from adding these to your party planning checklist for the future though. Whether hustling to make your space ready for guests or planning a party well ahead of time, these easy solutions are for you. Keep it sustainable and make it pretty.
Get the party started in style! Check out your amazing member perks.
Flower vases & the like
Because a bloom here and blossom there truly brighten every room.
1. Substitute flower vases
- Look around and start gathering!
- Use wine bottles, mason jars, tall drinking glasses, or empty candle glassware.
- Moral of the story here: You get to be creative with how you display your flowers. They don’t bite (just look out for rose thorns).
Pro Tip: Keep faux greenery, blooms, jasmine branches, or pampas grass on-hand for these circumstances. And for any day you want to nurture your pseudo-green thumb.
2. Utilize small bowls and ramekins
- Your new home for floating buds or candles
- Fill them with nuts, seeds, mints, or a sweet. Easy decor, and functional too.
3. Potato chip tins... stay with us
Your empty chip tin can do more than you think. Use it as an ice bucket, fill it with flowers, or throw the champagne in it and you are set.
4. Repurpose tin cans
- Use as flower vases, cutlery holders, rolled napkins, you name it.
Pro Tip: Wrap these in construction paper or ribbon. Secure with tape. If you’re outdoors, add some pebbles if wind is a factor. Weatherproof and stylized!
Encourage eye contact and convos with these friendly items. No centerpieces interfering with eye level here.
1. Bed sheet as a tablecloth
- Take your flat sheet, scrunch it up, arrange it in a swirled line down the table, add some candles, and consider your table dreamy. **Not to be confused with a bedside table.
2. Dish towels as placemats
- Fold them. Spin them on a diagonal. A little personality for every place is something more to love.
3. Garnish with the pretty things you already have
- Ribbon: Thick and multiple varieties add a new touch to your display.
- Books: Stack them on different levels, and add the following.
- Candles: For any mood you like.
- Flowers: Obviously.
- Picture frames: Sparks table convo!
Not your grandmother’s fine china.
1. One set
- Invest is one basic set of serving ware that you can use for every occasion.
- Need an idea of where to start? Hint hint.
2. Mismatched is in
- If you don't have a go-to set of flatware, lean into the mismatched theme and own it. Mix textures and colors to use what you have and flaunt your varieties of taste.
- Glassware of numerous sizes turn out quite aesthetic—choose 2-3 different water glasses for the table and you are set.
3. Serving spoons
- These are the often-forgotten yet oh-so-important piece that can finalize your time to serve.
- Pick 2-3 (or more) large serving spoons so when the time comes for big scoops, you have the big spoon.
We’re rooting for you. Next time those guests come unannounced, or your partner forgets to inform you of the people they invited over, or you simply want to elevate your space with what you already have, you are now more prepped than ever.
Membership has its party privileges! Discover your exclusive perks today.
Brunch with your besties to celebrate Galentine's, yes please!
Hedonistic Holiday Party
More is definitely just right for this gathering. Call all your gods and goddesses to experience all the flavors any mortal palate can handle, inspired by DIO. This party is great for a holiday party, christmas party, or New Years Eve (NYE) party!
Be Mine, Valentine
This crafty kids party is a great way to celebrate with your favorite littles.
Comfort Food & Caviar Girl’s Night
Is there anything better than a fun girls night with caviar bumps and colorful cheer?!
Cocktails with Aplos
Aplos cocktail hours are the most refreshing ways to “take the edge off” after a long day. Connect & create a memorable experience.
Shabbat Dinner Party
Hit pause and reconnect with loved ones this weekend with light, airy decor, warm bread, and relaxing company.
The Big Game
Game on! Gather your squad and cheer on your team with this quintessential football watch party.
Grab your girlfriends and gather for a Supper Club filled with low-abv cocktails, pizza, and cookies. This is our Head of Parties' favorite way to host with a small group and can easily be elevated (even if you decide to skip the cooking) to celebrate any occasion.
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in, with delicious small bites. This party is great year round!
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.