Host a Watch Party: The Golden Bachelor
September 28th, 2023 on ABC
Catch it at 8PM ET/PT
On a brand new series where every contestant is at least 60 years old, Gerry Turner, 72, is on his quest to find love again. Save the date to cheer for this senior citizen in his dating venture. We're oh so curious what ideas those date cards will entail in this series.
Will it be even spicier than any Bachelor or Bachelorette series premiere has ever been? Do we want it to be? Join the nation on September 28th to find out.
Hey Members: Party like there’s no tomorrow! Dive into your exclusive member perks now.
Send out invitations that resemble the classic date cards that are handed out on The Bachelor.
But will the contestants actually eat on their dates? Bets are on for that one.
- Fantasy “sweets”: A play on the penultimate episode of every Bachelor season
- ~Sprinkles Cupcakes
- ~Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Bark (you're welcome)
- ~Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Heart-shaped pizza: Your top list of where to order them here
- Buttery popcorn (obviously - this is cinema-worthy content)
- Charcuterie Board: These golden contestants are classic, why can't you be with your snack choice?
Pro Tip: Members can save on Platterful's all-in-one charcuterie kit! Join Partytrick today
Make the pizzas yourself and you just may be up as contestant of the next Bachelor... pick your age group.
Every episode of The Bachelor ends with a champagne toast. Why shouldn’t your party start with one?
- Champagne: Check our tips for how to pop a bottle (or two)
- ~Plus, did you know that stemware affects how champagne tastes? Learn how to serve yours
- Rosé: To be handed out along with a rose, of course
Pro Tip: Stock up on a crisp, European rosé selection from Plonk Wine Club
Will you accept this rosé wine?
A clever play on the iconic slogan from the show, if we do say so.
- Roses! The Golden Bachelor will still hand out roses, so you should definitely give them to your guests, too
- Buy rose petals and scatter them about for another ode to the franchise
- Set the scene with tons of candles to make your guests feel like they’ve been transported to Bachelor Mansion
- Date cards: Because the more date cards your friends find around the party, the more there will be to giggle about
Whether you’re dressing up like the 65-year-old fashionista that you plan to be someday, or rocking this viewing party in sweats (read: Gold Pajamas), the choice is yours. Just communicate with your fellow viewers so you can all be on the same page of the closet decision.
Or... dress as a 60-year-old ready to step out in your dating game.
- Gold pajama set
- We wouldn’t say no to gold joggers
- Your most recent wedding guest outfit
- Your college formal dress
These may or may not highlight the top radio hits of the time when the stars of this show were, well, in their prime? Build me up, Buttercup, anyone?
Set up your brackets, place your bets, and whip out the bingo cards. Bingo is, after all, what these contestants are most likely to play, right?
- Golden Bachelor Bracket
- Intro Ceremony: Welcome your guests by staging an introduction ceremony just the way ABC does when the women arrive at the mansion to meet their potential suitor. In this edition, your guests are the contestants being introduced!
- Golden Bachelor Bingo
- Write your very own date cards: Whoever writes the most creative gets to be treated to their date. It’s on.
Love is in the air (we won't mention the number of heirs watching around the nation), and we can't wait.
Don't miss The Golden Bachelor, premiering on September 28th on ABC!
For more watch parties, and hosting experiences of all types:
Grab your girlfriends and gather for a Supper Club filled with low-abv cocktails, pizza, and cookies. This is our Head of Parties' favorite way to host with a small group and can easily be elevated (even if you decide to skip the cooking) to celebrate any occasion.
Shabbat Dinner Party
Hit pause and reconnect with loved ones this weekend with light, airy decor, warm bread, and relaxing company.
Hedonistic Holiday Party
More is definitely just right for this gathering. Call all your gods and goddesses to experience all the flavors any mortal palate can handle, inspired by DIO. This party is great for a holiday party, christmas party, or New Years Eve (NYE) party!
Cocktails with Aplos
Aplos cocktail hours are the most refreshing ways to “take the edge off” after a long day. Connect & create a memorable experience.
Be Mine, Valentine
This crafty kids party is a great way to celebrate with your favorite littles.
Comfort Food & Caviar Girl’s Night
Is there anything better than a fun girls night with caviar bumps and colorful cheer?!
The Big Game
Game on! Gather your squad and cheer on your team with this quintessential football watch party.
Brunch with your besties to celebrate Galentine's, yes please!
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in, with delicious small bites. This party is great year round!
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.