Host a Christmas in July Party
Christmas, but make it summer
Dreaming of a *warm, sunny Christmas
Since Christmas is six months away, why not celebrate it early? “All I want for Christmas is you” chimes on every radio station, in-stores, and Spotify playlist come December... but is anyone else missing it this time of year? Here’s your chance to blast Mariah Carey and all your favorite Christmas recipes: Summer edition.
Party like never before! Dive into your member perks now.
Switch things up from their standard holiday editions, and pair traditional December dishes with fresh summer bites. Think seasonal sides like chilled broccoli salad, corn on the cob, grilled zucchini, and jalapeno poppers, for starters.
Seasonal fav: Set up a s'mores board
Since when are Christmas cookies only to be eaten in December? Our favorite Christmas cookies…but make them “anytime” cookies.
- Christmas monster cookies by Half-Baked Harvest
- Chocolate PB blossom cookies by Kale Junkie
- Ice cream cookie sandwiches, obviously
- Gingerbread houses: S’mores edition. Graham crackers, chocolate, marshmallows, and drizzle with your favorite nut butter.
Pro Tip: S’mores gingerbread houses are far yummier than well, gingerbread houses.
Think frozen cocktails in red and green: Watermelon, strawberry, lime, cucumber, and a sprig of mint, to get you dreaming of a (warm, sunny) Christmas.
- Clean strawberry daiquiris
- Watermelon lime spritzer
- Blended whole lime margs
- Cucumber mint gimlet
- Frozen hot chocolate
Make it pretty
- Set up a North Pole drink station
- Festive ice cubes: Shop Christmas ice cube trays
- Adorn your cocktails with these Santa-approved straws
Same rules apply here. Go ahead: Trim a tree (or your halls!) and deck with lights. What’s better than summer cleaning and dressing up with twinkle lights?
- Get creative! No need to trim an “evergreen”. Throw some lights on whatever you can find. Hey, even a pineapple works here.
- Hang these banners for an easy and festive way to stay on-theme:
- ~Have yourself a beachy little Christmas
- ~Baby it’s warm outside
- Mix up your ornaments.
- ~It’s summer, after all! Turn seashells into ornaments, adorn your tree with mini beach balls, or use leis as garland
- ~Turn beach balls into giant ornaments for decor
- Have a pool? Lucky you. Buy winter-themed pool toys and inflatable to turn the water into your own winter wonderland
- Use a classic red and white tablecloth to merge picnic and Christmas decor
You may need to lose the Christmas sweater here, but red and green still apply. Leave your layers at home and rock your festive colored shorts and bathing suits.
- Christmas sunglasses: Look cool & keep cool
Pro Tip: Repurpose your 4th of July bikini, sans stars and blue pieces.
You fall in one of two camps here: Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving or never. Well, for you Christmas lovers—the time is now.
The Christmas game options abound, so don’t let us hold you back from any of your go-to holiday games.
- Inflatable reindeer ring toss
- Four on a couch
- Who says you can’t make your gift wishlist until December? Set up a station for writing letters to Santa to get a jump on holiday gifting
- Slip n Slide instead of sledding
- Paper chains: If you’re looking to keep kids busy for an hour, whip out the construction paper and tape. Craft a chain ‘til school starts? Or Christmas? Set your timer and get them going.
Have your naughty and nice levels varied at all since last December? We’re not telling.
PARTYTRICK WITH YOUR FRIENDS: Give them the gift of ease & entertainment
Just like the bites, music, and traditions that we’ve put away since the New Year, you may be missing Christmas movies by now.
Get out the backyard overhead projector for a movie night! You can’t typically do this come Christmastime!
Really, what’s more fun than Christmas in summertime? One final thought:
- Bring back Elf on the Shelf for a summer visit
Let Holly the elf break into all kinds of summer shenanigans that she never gets to try come winter. Sidewalk chalk, making a snow cone snowman, sandbox snow angels, laying out by the pool… your backyard is your oyster. Plus, who doesn’t need a little backup to keep the kids in order this time of summer?
For other tips on keeping your kids entertained, check out School’s Out For Summer
We can hear the sleighbells ringing and s'mores around the campfire crackling. Merry Christmas in July, and to all an enjoyable summer.
Your ultimate party experience awaits! Check out your exclusive member perks.
Grab your girlfriends and gather for a Supper Club filled with low-abv cocktails, pizza, and cookies. This is our Head of Parties' favorite way to host with a small group and can easily be elevated (even if you decide to skip the cooking) to celebrate any occasion.
Shabbat Dinner Party
Hit pause and reconnect with loved ones this weekend with light, airy decor, warm bread, and relaxing company.
Comfort Food & Caviar Girl’s Night
Is there anything better than a fun girls night with caviar bumps and colorful cheer?!
Cocktails with Aplos
Aplos cocktail hours are the most refreshing ways to “take the edge off” after a long day. Connect & create a memorable experience.
Be Mine, Valentine
This crafty kids party is a great way to celebrate with your favorite littles.
Hedonistic Holiday Party
More is definitely just right for this gathering. Call all your gods and goddesses to experience all the flavors any mortal palate can handle, inspired by DIO. This party is great for a holiday party, christmas party, or New Years Eve (NYE) party!
Girls Just Want to Have Caviar and Martinis
The Caviar Co. inspired caviar, martinis, gal pals, games, great music… the perfect girls night in, with delicious small bites. This party is great year round!
The Big Game
Game on! Gather your squad and cheer on your team with this quintessential football watch party.
Brunch with your besties to celebrate Galentine's, yes please!
Get Ready to Sparkle
Expert tips, exclusive content, and the 411 on the latest parties
Thank you for your submission!
Start the party
For each party, our professional event planners have curated, styled, schemed, and planned so we can hand over everything you need to know to throw incredible gatherings.